Monday, June 27, 2011

Stitching Week - Simple Borders and Lines

This week at Sketch Support they are dedicating the week to stitching. Each day there will be a different technique highlighted and the creative team has samples to share.

I will be doing a post here on my blog to show you what I have created for each segment. Today is simple borders and lines.

I created this layout awhile back using one of the product challenge kits from Two Scrapbook Friends.

Persist

I used red floss and followed the outline of the die-cut background using a straight stitch. This really pops the die-cut off the page and creates a little dimension.

Persist 2

I also added a zig-zag stitch along the striped pattern paper as an embellishment.

Persist 3

On this layout I did a straight stitch and created a border along the inside edge of the striped background paper. It created another layer on my page and defined the paper at the same time.

Unbelievable

Unbelievable 2

Be sure to stop over to the Sketch Support site and check out what the creative team has submitted and get some tips and tricks on borders and straight lines.

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I have been noticing all the stitching you have been doing lately on your projects.....I love the detail it adds.
    Your layouts are excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layouts and beautiful stitching.

    ReplyDelete