Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Stitching Week - Accenting

If you like to add stitching to your pages then this is the week for you to visit the Sketch Support site. The entire week is dedicated to stitching. Today they are talking about accenting a die-cut!

I created this layout and I accented the chipboard stars with black stitching.

Big Blades

I treated the chipboard like any other die-cut. My only advice is to be sure to pierce your holes very well so that you needle goes through the chipboard easily. Otherwise you end up with really sore fingers.

Big Blades 2

On this layout I did quite a bit of accenting on my die-cuts.

Swing

I love, love this tree! I downloaded the cut-out a long time ago and don't even know where I got it. I have saved the template to use over again. I stitched around the brown and the green using coordinating floss!

Swing 2

I cut the sun using my Cricut (Doodlecharms, I think) and then added the stitching to the center.

Swing 3

I added stitching to the centers of each flower in matching colours.

Swing 4

I love how stitching takes a simple die-cut and turns it into something 3-dimensional. Give it a try!

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Love all your stitched accents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carolyn, your stitching absolutely rocks! I always love to see your stitching perfection! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is simply amazing the dimension that is added to your accents...beautiful work Carolyn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very inspiring, I am going to try some of your tricks.
    Looks beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stitching friend! Now you even have me stitching on my creations! lol
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog for the Canada Day blog hop. I hope you had a great Canada Day. Are you the owner of Two Scrapbooking Friends. I just live in Guelph and I have been over there a few times.
    Kerry

    mommakcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete