Sunday, October 4, 2009

New Feature & New Recipe!

So, Karan showed me a new trick with my blog and I wanted to share it with you. If you look down the right side of the blog you will see a couple of new sections. One of them is called 'My Recipes'. Below this heading are links that will take you directly to the posts on my blog where I list the recipe. Isn't that great?! I thought it was.

I have another recipe to add. It is called Hamburger Soup. My mom passed this one along to me. She mentioned that she was going to be making it on Sunday, so I thought I would give it a try too. It was delicious.

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 lbs of lean ground beef
  • 1 onion, diced (I only used 1/2 an onion)
  • 28 oz tomatoes (I used 2 19 oz cans of stewed tomatoes and I pureed them)
  • 2 cups of water
  • 3 cans of beef consomme, undiluted
  • 1 can of tomato soup, undiluted
  • 4 carrots
  • celery
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1/2 tsp thyme
  • parsley (I used dehydrated parsley flakes)
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1/2 cup of barley (I forgot to buy this, so I didn't add it)
In a frying pan, cook the ground beef and the onion. Drain off all fat. In the meantime, add all other ingredients to a large pot. Add the meat mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 hours.

*this recipe would work well in a crockpot too. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for passing along the recipe tip! Love this soup recipe too, I make it frequently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is one of my winter favorites, cept i use canned tomatoes instead of tomatoe soup...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummy! I have a similar recipe that is really a family favorite.

    ReplyDelete