Monday, January 17, 2011

A Warm Treat on a Cold Day!

Happy Monday everyone! It is freezing here (-17) and I am happy that I don't have to go anywhere today. I am also happy because today at Sketch Support they are revealing the add-on sketch and my project.

What is an add-on sketch? It is exactly like it sounds. It is a sketch that you can add on to a card, layout etc. It is a great way to make your own embellishment. I had never worked with anything like this before but it sounded like a great way to made some cute things.

When I created this I knew that it would be revealed in January and it would probably be freezing outside. I was right.

I created this little tag and attached it to a clear bag filled with hot chocolate mix, mini marshmallows and some chocolate chips. I thought it would be the prefect warm treat for a freezing cold day.

I followed the measurements exactly as they were given on the sketch. I attached it to a Nestie tag, added some ink and black pen for detail......voila!

Paper: cardstock - Bazzill, pattern - unknown
Embellishments: chipboard - Fancy Pants
Ink: Tim Holts Distress Ink
Tools: die-cut - Nestabilities
Other: ribbon - Making Memories, floss - Bazzill, marker - American Crafts, bag - baking supply store

Pop over the the Sketch Support site and check out what the other dt members are doing with this sketch. Allison will be revealing all week long.

Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Very cute!

    Do you have a recipe for the hot chocolate mix?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Linda, you give me too much credit. The hot chocolate just comes in a package. I just put the package right in the bag. My son says it is the best kind. I think it is made by Carnation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Carolyn! Once again I love your stitching - it adds so much :)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carolyn!! Love your blog and this sweet bag of treats tag is adorable! But.. I really love that my newest "Beatrice" badge is on it too!!
    If you'll email me your address I'll send you one of my brand new paper lines that haven't been released yet!!
    Thank so much!!
    nikki@nikkisivils.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great way to use the add on sketch Carolyn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great project! I totally love it!

    ReplyDelete