Monday, January 3, 2011

Loopy Loopy Bow Flower - The Cutting Cafe

I am very happy and excited to be revealing my first couple of projects for The Cutting Cafe! This week the design team was given the Loopy, Loopy Bow Flower cutting file to work with.

Here is the gift wrapping project I posted previously (oops, I messed that up). I used the file and cut all three sizes for the bow and layered them together, fastening them with a brad.

IMG_4201

Here is a close-up. I used double-sided paper in two different colours.

IMG_4200

I added some jingle bells and curly ribbon to help jazz it up a bit. This was made for a Christmas present, but you could do the same for any occasion.....birthday, wedding, baby shower.

IMG_4202

I was having so much fun with this file, I decided to make another project using fabric. I cut the pieces out of cardstock and used them as a pattern to cut out my fabric.

IMG_4317

I used 2 coordinating colours and cut 2 each of the medium and small sizes. I layered each flower opposite of each other and embellished the middle with a button and a bow tied from twine.

IMG_4318

I used a hot glue gun and adhered the finished flowers to some headbands and created these handmade beauties for my daughter.

IMG_4320

Amanda wore one to work yesterday and received all sorts of compliments on it. It was really easy to do and I was finished the entire project in about 20 minutes.

IMG_4321

Be sure to visit the Cutting Cafe blog (reveal day is on Wednesday) and check out what the other girls on the team have done with the Loopy, Loopy Bow Flower.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment