Thursday, January 13, 2011

Up To Snow Good!

Today over at Sketch Support, my layout is being featured using the 2-page sketch. Along with my double-page, Jill Sarginson did a beautiful Christmas layout and Allison Davis will show you how to flip the sketch and she did a roller coaster layout. Click the badge on my side-bar and visit the Sketch Support website to see all the creations from the design team.

When I created this page, I was excited to do a winter layout, so I kept with the theme of the sketch. I also wanted to use a new line of papers from Bo Bunny that we had in the store, along with my Sew Easy tool.

I dug into my stash of photos and found some that would be perfect for what I had in mind.

The chipboard accents added the perfect amount of dimension to my pages.

I added a little bling for some winter sparkle.

This snowman was just way to cute so I had to make sure I found a special spot for him. I added extra snowflakes and stitched a border around my page using the Burst tip for my Sew Easy tool. It was a lot of stitching, but so worth it in the end.

We are running this layout as a workshop at the store on Thursday, January 20th. We still have a couple of spaces left if you are interested in joining us.

Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. I love this layout! All your details, especially the stitching, add the perfect touch for your theme!
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too, it's even more gorgeous in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect embellishments. Love the frame you made for you main photo and the sew easy stitching is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love your take on Allison's sketch. The extra bling just makes it sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome layout Carolyn!!!! I really need to buy that paper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also thought you did a lot of stitching and wondered how you got those designs stiched so straight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW.....I am so getting that kit!

    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the add on today on Sketch Support. Adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the dimension Carolyn!

    ReplyDelete