Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Merry & Bright

It is reveal day for me at Sketch Support. This time it is a one-page sketch. This was such a great sketch for using up bits and pieces. I went straight to my scrap bin and found some paper from Bo Bunny I really wanted to use, but I was very limited on what I had available. I was able to create this single page and I still have paper leftover.

One of the element areas on my page had these really cute Christmas trees. I wanted to highlight this, so I cut out a second set of trees from the paper and adhered them over top of the trees on the paper, using foam adhesive. I added some Stickles to make them sparkle.

Sharon from the DT at Two Scrapbook Friends did a tutorial on making her own garland using Sizzix dies and felt. It inspired me to create these cute little Christmas bulbs as an accent on my page. I had a really hard time finding felt that would match my colours, so I used white felt and my Copic markers. They turned out perfectly!

I added a little floss and a gemstone and it made a beautiful handmade embellishment. I also stamped a border around my page that says 'all is bright'. That really tied in with the title and the theme of my layout.

Be sure to stop over to Sketch Support and check out all the different variations of this sketch. You can even print it out for yourself. If you do create something, link it up in the comments. I would love to see what you do!

Paper: cardstock – Bazzill, pattern – Bo Bunny
Embellishments: Felt, bling – from stash
Ink: Tim Holts Distress Ink
Tools: die-cut – Sizzix
Stamps: Close To My Heart
Stickers: Jillibean Soup and Cosmo Cricket
Other: Floss – We R Memory Keepers, markers – Copic and American Crafts



Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Ack gorgeous... love the details girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this layout! I love what you did with the trees!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carolyn this is gorgeous! I have that sketch printed out and ready to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw your layout on sketch support and loved it! I had never thought about 'coloring' felt to find the right shade.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout! I may have to give the sketch a try :)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh such a great layout! nice touch with colouring the felt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow so great Carolyn! And way to go on those felt ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your trees and felt lights. These "extra" details that make your layout extra special.

    ReplyDelete