Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I Don't Know What To Say........and that doesn't happen very often!


A couple of weeks ago I received an email from someone that I consider a very impressive scrapbooker. Her name is Allison Davis. She was part of the Creating Keepsakes Dream Team, she was part of the Creating Keepsakes Hall of Fame, and she was a Scrapbooker of the Year finalist.

Allison is also the creator of amazing sketches and is coming out with sketch books at this summers CHA show. As you all know, I love sketches and I use them all the time. I created this layout using a sketch that Allison had created.

She saw my layout and highlighted it on her blog. Words cannot even begin to tell you how flattered I was to receive the email from her, asking permission to showcase my layout. She said that my layout 'instantly caught her eye' and that she 'loved the colours, the clean lines, and the pictures were great'. I didn't even know what to say!

As a scrapbooker, it is always nice to receive positive feedback on something you have created. I am very lucky to have a wonderful group of followers on my blog that leave me positive comments and encouraging words. I appreciate them immensely!!! It is something very special to have your creations recognized by someone that you consider to be 'famous' in the scrapbooking world.

I just want to say a big THANK YOU to Allison for recognizing my layout and making my day. It was enough for me, just to create the layout, and add it to Jason's album. This just made it a little bit more special and I will always remember it when I flip through his book.


Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. What a nice compliment Carolyn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Carolyn. You deserve the recognition - always love your layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's exciting! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Carolyn. You know that you got your creative juices from me, right? lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very exciting my friend! How nice to be recognized - especially when you didn't go out looking for it:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow wow wow, that is awesome! Congrats girl! Graphically your layouts are always perfection! i can see why they would catch a sketch designers eye! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How very exciting! You deserve it - your work is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete