Wednesday, January 21, 2015

LRW - Shhhh! No Words At All

This week's challenge at Little Red Wagon is brought to us by the lovely Jan!!!  I think she is personally trying to torture me!!!  We are supposed to create a card/project with no words at all.......that is crazy!!  In real life, I am a talker.....so in my card life, I definitley like to add words for a sentiment.  It was tricky, but I did it!!!

Here is my card.....WITH NO WORDS AT ALL (that is me yelling, since we can't use any words on our card)!  I coloured this sweet snowman image.  He is actually waving 'Hi', but he has to act out the sentiment that I would have put right beside him.....see the empty space?


I used some natural twine and a wooden heart that I found in my stash and wrapped it around my card front, along the red dot paper.


After this challenge is over, I will likely pull out a sentiment stamp and fill in the little white space next to this handsome fella!!


Thank you Jan!!  You certainly challenged me, but I just love the results.  I look forward to your next one :)  Be sure to visit the other 'girlfriends' blogs and check out their very 'quiet' projects.  If you play along with us, visit the Little Red Wagon blog and link up.

I have linked my card up for the following challenges:

Crash Your Stash - project #7
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Winter Stamping
Deep Ocean Challenge Blog - Winter Dreams
Meljen's Designs - Let it Snow
Wags 'n Whiskers - Hearts
Melonheadz Friends - CAS
Love to Create - Colour Challenge
Eureka Stamps - The Colour Red
Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge Blog - ATG + Add Layers
Stamp & Create - Winter Wonderland
Loves Rubber Stamps - The Letter B



16 comments:

  1. Your card is simply adorable! I love the image - so sweet!
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tee hee, torture, torture. ;-) But look what you came up with! Such a cute card! I especially love that little heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your snowman looks just fine waving hello or good bye. No sentiment needed. Super cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to hunt you down and make sure there is no sentiment ever put on this card...tee hee!!! Isn't that what was said to me??? I really like the snowman without any words at all. Great job. Hugs, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable, Carolyn ... Love all the bits and bobs you added too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are hilarious, and I love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card it’s beautiful! Thanks for joining our Color Red Challenge this week at Eureka Stamps.
    Karal DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card! Love the embellishments and papers. Thank you for sharing with us at Eureka! Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha, ha! I could relate so easily to your post and found your write-up as loveable as your card! I was an English major, so I'm a pretty big fan of WORDS. I can't imagine making a card without them! But you nailed this and proved that you can, in fact, create a piece of art that "speaks" without speaking, if you know what I mean. I really liked the color palette you chose for this piece and I thought it was especially genius of you to include those rustic elements like the twine and wooden heart. The whole thing came out beautifully and I'm so glad you shared your skills (and your triumph) with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! (Look at this monstrous comment-- see how WORDY I am??) :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your card! That snowman is super cute! Thanks for joining us this week at Loves Rubberstamps! Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so adorable! Thanks so much for joining our challenge over at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is so adorable, love it. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really cute card! Thanks for playing along this week at Meljen's Designs!
    Céline-DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness - I love this card! I love the twine with wooden heart and that snowman is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Wonderful choice of colors and design! I love image and little heart with twine!
    Thanks for playing at Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge.
    Ileanaxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the colors on this card. The twine and heart add the perfect touch. Did you go stamp that sentiment once you took this picture?! =P

    Thank you for joining us this week at Meljen’s Designs for our Let It Snow challenge!

    ReplyDelete