Monday, May 21, 2012

Watering Can Gift Bag

I know I have mentioned this before, but I just LOVE my Silhouette. I don't think I have ever owned a tool that I use more and that give me so much versatility when I scrapbook.

Today I want to share with you a 3D project I did for Mother's Day. I used the Mother's Garden SVG kit from SVG Cuts to make this watering can gift bag. Of all the places I visit for svg's, this is my favourite one.

IMG_6249

I cut the main part of my watering can out of this beautiful dot paper from LilyBee Designs. I added the border from one the the coordinating papers and accented with blue Kraft Core cardstock.

IMG_6254

The handle is cut in many layers and attached with brads to make it really sturdy. I sanded the edges of the Kraft Core cardstock to expose the inner colour.

IMG_6251

My favourite part is the spout. I inked and sanded my pieces but I also poked holes that water would come out of.......although I don't recommend filling it, lol!

IMG_6253

I made a matching tag from one of the other sets that was included and attached it with tulle.


Photobucket

4 comments: