Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Pinwheels - The Cutting Cafe

Everyone loves a party and what better way to celebrate.......with a party hat and pinwheels! This week at The Cutting Cafe we are working with pinwheels. This set comes with all sorts of shapes and sizes to play with and also some cute center printouts and little banner sentiments too.

I decided to make a party hat and embellish it with the pinwheels!

IMG_6273

I cut a bunch of them about 1-inch and then placed them along the bottom of the hat. I added a circle printout and brad to the center of each one.

IMG_6270

I made a bigger one and placed it on top of a scalloped circles and repeated the circle and brad theme!

IMG_6271

I didn't have any pom poms that matched my colours so I made one out of bakers twine. I glued it to the top of my hat! It was the 'icing on the cake'..........get it?

IMG_6272

Be sure to visit The Cutting Cafe blog and see what the other ladies have created using pinwheels! The blog post will be live sometime today.


Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. In LOVE!!! WOW what an awesome project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd wear this hat in a minute! Love it! So colourful :) Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! My daughter would love this! May have to copy your idea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ACK...................................... HOW STINKIN FUN IS THIS.........ACK...i love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! Aren't pom poms so fun to make!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute and lots of fun!! Love this spin on the file and the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a cute cute cute idea!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute! What an awesome idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is soooo cute! I love the pinwheels and the pom-pom is perfect!
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute, lovin' the pinwheels! Like the new blog makeover btw.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an adorable project, the colors and papers are perfect.


    Penny

    ReplyDelete