Thursday, April 12, 2012

Spring - The Cutting Cafe

Today is going to be a crazy busy day.....it is set up day for Scrapfest. I thought I would start the day with something fun from The Cutting Cafe. I just LOVE their word cards and this week I played with the Spring file.

Here is the card that I made using this awesome set! The fact that it cuts out in the shape of a word is amazing in itself.....but I love how you can still embellish it to make it special.

IMG_6167

I dug into my stash to see what I had that I could add to my card. I found this little crochet flower (no, I didn't make it) and some decorative pins. I added a little piece of yellow bakers twine and one of my favourite little tags using the Mini Words printable.

IMG_6168

I also found this little vellum butterfly from Jenni Bowlin. I love the little pearls for the body and I thought it would work perfectly for a Spring card.

IMG_6169

I knew it wouldn't be complete without adding some stitching. I used a fine needle and some embroidery floss and stitched down the centre of all the letters.

IMG_6170

I hope you will visit The Cutting Cafe blog and check out what the other girls created using the different word cards.

Thanks for visiting :)


Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. this is fabulous!!! As always LOVE your work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card..love your extra details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH YES.........HAPPY SPRING, happy fantastic card HAPPY EVERYTHING....hehehe..love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool word card! Always love your stitching! See you in the chaos of the MarketPlace on Saturday! Good luck! TSF always has one of the best booths!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sew pretty Carolyn! I love it!!!
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. so pretty and the stitching is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete