Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Hello/Happy Day Card - The Cutting Cafe

Happy Wednesday friends! It is a short work week for everyone so that means only 2 more days to a long weekend. This makes me very happy. I think my mood was reflected when I was making my project this week for The Cutting Cafe!

This week we used an amazing set called Jar Shaped Cards. There is a plain mason jar, a candy jar and a cookie jar, as well as fillers for the jars and 41 printable sentiments!!!!! It is awesome.

I decided to make a card using the mason jar.....but not a shaped card.

IMG_6149

I used the jar as a flower jar instead. I really wanted to try to import this file to my Silhouette and use the print and cut option. I found a great tutorial on YouTube (click here) that walked me through it step by step. I wasn't successful the first couple of times, but eventually I did get it right. I just love this little jar and I know that I will be using it over and over again.

IMG_6152

While I was on the Silhouette, I found this amazing file for these black-eyed susans. I downloaded that and cut it out to fill my jar. I added some heavy twine, ribbon and a stamped sentiment to finish it off.

IMG_6151

The little tag that is hanging from the twine is also a printable set from The Cutting Cafe. It is called Everyday Mini Words. I love these little phrases and I used my little tag punch to cut it out.

Make sure you visit The Cutting Cafe's blog and see what the other members of the team have created. The post will go up sometime today.


Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. I LOVE mason jars!! Can't wait to get my hands on the Dear Lizzy stamp (hoping you will have it back in stock soon at the store). This is a great card! Love the seam binding and button!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack, I love the jar! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love mason jars - they are filled with lots of memories for me. Love the card! Sweet flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just so shocked you made a card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, it's a wonderful all-purpose card.....though I don't know how fair it is that you're showing off your mad Silhouette skills before the rest of us can play too.

    (Totally kidding, of course.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi carolyn this is sooooooooooooooo CUTE...i love that flower to...your the best...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a smart design!
    I really love this and the colors/prints!
    Really super!

    ~Leah

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is amazing! I love it!
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carolyn, your DT card this week is just gorgeous. I love the brown and yellow together and how you cut the jar out of kraft cardstock. It looks fabulous and I never would have thought to use kraft. In fact, I was stressing over how to make it look like an actual jar. LOL Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a cute card! will have to check out the video!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty card! Love the mason jars! I enjoy my iced tea drinks in the mason jars! FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just discovered The Cutting Cafe last week and made my first purchase. Very happy with it and I love these jars...maybe my next purchase. The card is great and so very pretty!

    ReplyDelete