Thursday, April 5, 2012

Expedition Destination

For the first time ever, I am going to try focusing on starting and finishing a complete album. I really want to scrapbook the trip that I went on with Jason and David. This is something that I will remember and cherish forever. The book I am making is for Jason, so that he will have a keepsake for his very first trip that he saved and paid for himself.

This layout was inspired by a sketch from Sketch Support that was created by Allison Davis.  I used a new collection from Reminisce called Expedition Destination.  It is a perfect travel themed line that will work for any trip or destination.

IMG_6132

The title was cut out from one of the papers and then I added stitching to make it really pop!

  IMG_6133 

Pennants are really popular on layouts and cards so I carried that theme on to my second page, adding a bit of stitching for some dimension.  I also cut out this compass from the papers and embellished it with some heavy twine.

IMG_6134 

My photos were taken while we were driving in the car. The trip up the coast is very scenic, especially as you approach Malibu. David had the camera and was snapping photos along the way. He even managed to get photos of himself and Jason in the side mirror of the car. I couldn't resist added these to the page.

  IMG_6135

Keep checking back to see more layouts and photos from this awesome trip!

  Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Fantastic layout...love the stitching..makes that title pop off the page. Memories of this fun time will make a wonderful album.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely wonderful! I love all the pennants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Love LOVE this!!! Awesome job Carolyn, as per usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the layout! and the stitching in the titlte is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the stitching on your title, Carolyn!! And the pennants and clock make great accents on your page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and priceless! Love the picture of the rear side mirror! Awesome stitching you did!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome LO, love those pennants!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an awesome layout. I love the papers you used and your stitching is so perfect. Awesome take on Allison's sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! I love all the stitching!
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the long banners in this layout, and the photos are great too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning! HOKEY DOODLE!! Your stitching is INSANE!!! You are so very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great project Carolyn! Finishing a travel album from start to finish is so satisfying and something your son will cherish and look at over and over again.

    ReplyDelete