Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter

Good morning! Easter has come and gone and I hope that you had a wonderful weekend with your family and friends. I created a layout celebrating an Easter weekend back in 2006. My father-in-law surprised all the grandchildren by bringing a 'real' Easter bunny to visit.

This layout was inspired by a sketch designed by Allison Davis.

IMG_6073

This is my first layout using my new Silhouette. I had so much fun creating the embellishments. Look at this adorable rabbit!!! I embossed and then sanded the eggs and I added stitching to the nose and ears.

IMG_6078

I used the new Chicken Dumpling Soup from Jillibean. Their stickers, papers and embellishments are amazing. I added a little bit of Doodlebug bakers twine and popped up some of my stickers for dimension.

IMG_6074

The title is another cut using my Silhouette. I embossed the eggs and popped them up to add some interest. I will definitely use this file again.

IMG_6076

I made sure to add my journaling using my favourite font (Baby Boston) and stamped the date using a set from Close to my Heart.

IMG_6075

The third file I used from Silhouette are these little bunny paws. How cute are they?

IMG_6077

I added ink to all my papers and die-cuts to soften them and blend everything together.

Thanks for visiting :)


Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. Happy Easter to you! This LO is fantastic!!! Wish I had half the talent you do :)
    TFS and hope you have a GREAT wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember this! The photos just don't do it justice (they never do), it's sooooo adorable.

    Starting to get Silhouette-antsy over here...of course that might have something to do with the fact that I sold my Cricut before I cut out a bunch of letter "N"s I needed. Any idea when the Silhouettes will be in?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so adorable, Carolyn!! I love the cute way you did the title inside the cracked eggs!! And you did an amazing job with all of the cute embellishments you cut on your Silhouette!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another stunning layout Carolyn! I made the bunny too but your's has so much more detail - he is just sooo cute!! When you sew do on your layouts do you use the Sew easy tool by We r memory keeper?? Your stitching is always so perfect and need to learn how to do it!!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a sweet layout! That bunny is a perfect embellishement! Love the stitching you added to it! Thanks for the name of that font you used for your journalling! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another 'too cute' layout! Looks like you're enjoying the Silhouette.Off to hunt down Baby Boston!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too stinkin' cute! You are such a pro at shading and adding details :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love,love,love the layout. Just as cute as could be. All the detail just makes it stand out. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a great layout Carolyn! I love all the details and the bit of stitching is perfect!
    Joann exo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am such a fan of your layouts. I first "met" you when you helped me when I asked for suggestions in an online class taught by Allison Davis. I miss your layouts on Sketch Support. I hope you continue to post here. Your work inspires me! I love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!! Another awesome layout, love the sketch and pretty colors!! Also, the cute title with the pop up eggs, bunny, and little bunny feet! I miss seeing you on Sketch Support, love your work!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete