Monday, September 26, 2011

You Know You're Getting Old When.......

So a few years ago, after getting my eyes checked, I was told I needed glasses. No big deal, right? Lots of people wear glasses.

I didn't need them all the time. As it turned out, I barely ever wore them. I actually ended up losing them. I was sure that I had stuffed them into one of my many scrapbook bags. I searched and searched everywhere but never found them.

Glasses 5

I purchased another pair to replace the lost ones. I wore these a little more than the first pair, but still not very much. I joked with my husband that when I wore them at the Ranger games it was like watching it in high definition.

Glasses 4

Lately I had been noticing that my close-up vision was getting blurry and had my eyes tested again to find out that I needed reading glasses. I would wear them only for reading. Recently I found that I needed them to work on the computer and do paperwork too. Hmmmm! I purchased several pairs (I actually have 3 pairs but I couldn't locate the missing set for this photo).

Glasses 3

A couple of weeks ago I dropped something behind my dresser and had to fish it out. You will never guess what I found.........the original pair of glasses that I lost years ago......the pair that started this whole collection of glasses I now have.

Glasses

So, this is my collection of glasses (minus one pair that I have to locate) that I wear on a very regular basis. I find myself putting them on and taking them off, looking over top of them, and leaving them in every room in the house.

I never thought I would see the day that I would own so many pairs.....a sign of aging I guess. I refuse to resort to putting them on a chain around my neck......but I guess that may be in my future at some point.


Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. LOL, Carolyn! If it makes you feel any better I am in the same boat with you - and I have resorted to wearing mine on a chain around my neck - got tired of chasing them all day long! I do however own two very cute chains that I got at Brighton - no granny chain for this gal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny!
    I know many people with this type of collection. I have a small one...2 pairs. Until the next eye exam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to my world, friend! I even have prescription sunglasses!
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heehee....join the club;-) It is either my arms getting too short or my eyes getting to bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at all those frames! I may need to steal a pair. I now need special reading glasses in addition to my regular classes. Plus I'd love to have a sunglass pair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, it happens to all of us ... and then ... just wait for it ... sometime in the future ... bi-focals!

    ReplyDelete