Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Book Review - Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers

Redeeming Love

I recently finished reading this book by Francine Rivers. It was lent to me by my mom and it was not a book that I would have chosen myself. By looking at the cover, I never would have picked it. It looked to me like something really old fashioned and that is not really my style. The fact that it takes place in the early 1800's is another thing that would have sent me running the other direction. My mom and Joanne gave it great reviews so I thought I should give it a try.

To my surprise........I loved this book. I just couldn't put it down. The cover really has nothing to do with a book at all, lesson learned. Although it took place in the 1800's the actual story could have taken place in any year and it would have been just as great. I have to say that reading a book that takes place in another time period is interesting. I have read a few and I find that I learn things that I would have otherwise never known.

This story is about a woman who was born to a single mother as a result of her affair with a married man. At seven years of age Sarah had already learned just how harsh and cruel this world can be. Her father did not want her and her mother, fighting poverty, resorted to prostitution to make ends meet. When Sarah is eight years old, her mother dies, leaving Sarah in the care of her “Uncle Rab” who sells her into prostitution.

From here......it turns into a beautiful love story. I don't want to spoil it for you so I will stop here. If you are a reader, I would recommend this book for sure.


Photobucket

1 comment: