Sunday, September 4, 2011

Starting a New Book

Some of you know that I was never much of a reader. Actually, to be honest, I hated reading. About a year ago I read my first book - cover to cover - and totally enjoyed it. I have read 19 books since then and I know that this is something that I will continue to do forever.

Because I am a freak for technology I just had to have an e-reader. I put my hubby to work and he did all the research. Within a few days I was the owner of a Kindle.

Kindle

I love my Kindle because it travels with me wherever I go. I bought a light to pop on the top so I can read wherever I am. The other thing I love about it is that I can purchase books at the touch of a button and they download right on to my Kindle.

I just finished a book so I was looking for something new to read. I like to change things up a bit so I don't get bored. I just finished a couple of amazing love stories so I was due for some action and suspense. I popped on to Amazon and found these 2 books for $0.99 each. I read the reviews and they sounded like just what I was looking for.

Blind Faith

Borrowed Time

I will keep you posted and give a review when I am finished.
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I love thrillers! Maybe I should invest in a Kindle too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a non-reader too, I was hoping the combo of book/tech might help me get into reading more. YAY someone has proven it does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. not much of a reader... I seem to have this little nasty habbit of being addicted to scrapbooking! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always been a reader but haven't read as much the last while due to busy kids and scrapbooking. I did read a couple of books this summer though. I have a sony ereader and love it. Where did you get the light for yours? I have been looking for a good one. Hate that I can't read my sony when it's dark. Hope you are enjoying your books!!!
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got my light at Chapters. It adapts to lots of different readers. It was about $45 but it is rechargeable by plugging it in like you charge your phone. That way I am not always buying batteries. I love it.

    ReplyDelete