Friday, June 1, 2012

Just Hangin' Out at the Zoo

I am back with another layout for Jay's California trip album. I have already completed a 2-page layout about the Panda bears at the San Diego Zoo, but I still had 2 more photos that I wanted to include. I found this sketch and thought it would work perfectly for what I had in mind.

IMG_6591

When I was creating the first layout (you can see it here), I found a file on the Silhouette online store for this grass. I thought it really resembled the bamboo so I downloaded it, but didn't end up using it. As it turns out, it worked perfectly on this page.

IMG_6592

I added in some tickets from Maya Road and used some incredibly tiny stickers (I had to get out my tweezers) to add some journaling.

IMG_6593

I wanted to include some fun facts about Panda bears so I pulled out my Dymo and Kraft Core cardstock and made my 'fact' strips.

IMG_6594

I used my Silhouette and created my own circle ring (pretty good huh?) and embellished it with black brads. I found this chipboard title and misted it with some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist. I also misted the background with 3 different colours of mist. On my practice sheet I did a lot more splattering and I should have done that here too, but I was a chicken.....oh well, next time.

IMG_6595

I just couldn't resist adding this sweet Panda from Silhouette. I added an Action Wobble to his head, so it interactive.

IMG_6596

That is the last of my Panda photos. We really enjoyed visiting them at the zoo. I have discovered that there is a Panda Cam that you can watch and see what they are up to throughout the day. I visit it often. You can check it out here!


Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. This is just about the cutest layout I have ever seen! LOVE IT!!
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ROCK!!!! Love the paper piecing panda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous and a single too! That grass is really something, great page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome layout....love the panda and the neat grass! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete