Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Off To The Cottage.......Soon!

We have rented a cottage again this year! Last year was so much fun we just had to do it again. We have changed locations, mostly due to size of the cottage. Each of our kids have a friend coming, so that is 6 kids....2 adults and our cat!

We were able to get one right on the lake again. That is such a bonus. We spend a lot of time tubing and boarding so to have the 'playground' right in front of you make is it really easy!



This year we are on Stoney Lake which is about 1/2 hour outside of Peterborough. We will be about 20 minutes from the small town of Lakefield, which is where I went to grade 7, 8 and 9.

Above are a couple of shots that the owner sent us of the waterfront.




Here are some photos of the inside of the cottage. I was most interested in seeing photos of the bathroom....but there wasn't any. I don't like using public washrooms (I don't even use the one at our store unless I have to) and I don't think I can hold it for an entire week. I hope it is nice!?!
I know, I have issues.

It does look like a nice cottage.........lots of wood. I see a leather couch....heck we don't have one of those at home. I see a fridge, microwave and stove......but where is the dishwasher? I will spend a lot of time on the dock by the water. Maybe I will read a good book..........ha ha ha.....did I get you? I am actually going to try. I want to add a section to the side of my blog that is for books I have read...........that is my motivation.

Well, I will have lots to post when we return from the cottage. Remember the wake boarding photos from last year? I have to top that! Check back often...........there may or may not be something for you to read. I have to keep you guessing.

8 comments:

  1. Looks like an amazing cottage. Have a great time - and with so many kids there, you've got ready-made dishwashers even if there's not one built in ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cottage looks fabulous Carolyn!!!! Have a wonderful time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that looks like a nice place to spend a week. I am sure you will love the book I lent you- when your done with that one I have lots of others for you to try!!Who know- maybe you'll become a reader after all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks fabulous, i can see why you enjoy it so much, looks like some great family times will be had, and i cant wait to hear the stories and see the photos....wishing you and your family a wonderful vacation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks awesome! I am sure you will have a great time.

    Reading? Who stole the real Carolyn? (lol)

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like a great place to spend a week.... bring paper plates!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks awesome! I hope you guys have a great holiday!! Looks like a beautiful cabin and the lake front looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete