Wednesday, December 10, 2014

LRW - So Flaky

This week, the Little Red Wagon challenge is being hosted by Jan!!  She want to see snowflakes, and because no 2 snowflakes are ever alike, I think there are going to be a lot of great projects this week.

I wanted to try something a little different, so I made a shaker card.  I used up some old scraps I had in my stash, but the best part was that I actually managed to get the word 'snow' to line up perfectly inside my window :)


I added a combination of beads and sequins for the filler.  This is the tricky part.....because they want to jump around and stick to the adhesive.  I also added a nice big chipboard snowflake with a button and twine to accent.


I added some of my favourite ribbon, twine and an enamel dot, along with a tiny tag that says 'brrr'.



A big 'thank you' to Jan for this awesome challenge.  I am super happy with my card and had a lot of fun playing along.

Be sure to visit the other DT blogs (click on their names on my sidebar) and see what 'flakey' projects they came up with.  If you play along, visit the Little Red Wagon blog and link up your creation.

I also entered my card in the following challenges:

City Crafter Challenge Blog - Glittering Snowflakes
Artistic Insirations Challenge Blog - Anything Goes or Snow
Order of the Opus - Let it Snow
Shopping Our Stash - Favourite Technique
Inky Chicks - Winter Wonderland
Creative Moments - Anything Goes/Winter


11 comments:

  1. Well done! Your card is awesome and I love the colors you chose!
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! This is snow (see what I did there - tee hee) much fun! Love all the bits your put in it and the colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is simply the best Christmas project I have seen all year. It's so fun and so creative! (K might just have to steal your idea - lol!) Thanks for playing along with us for our snow challenge at Opus Gluei!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am smitten by this mitten :) One of the best shaker cards I've ever seen. Wow!Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous shaker card! Thanks for sharing and playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash for our "Favourite Technique" challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous project...and a great take on our "Let it snow" challenge at Opus Gluei. Thanks so much forplaying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable shaker card! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us at CCCB :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! Very nicely crafted! Thanks so much for accepting the challenge this week at Shopping Our Stash!
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT

    PS: if you go to settings and change your comment form to embedded, the annoying verification box will not come up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh so pretty, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card!! I love the idea of a shaker mitten! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us at CCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete