Friday, March 12, 2010

Homework!

So, Jay was home from school yesterday with a sore throat and a fever. He slept until 2pm and watched tv for most of the day. Around 9pm last night he came down from his room and said that he had some homework.

In his English class on Wednesday they had started to watch the movie Freedom Writers. Due to his absence on Thursday he was not able to finish watching it and they were going to have an assignment to complete. He said he had to watch the movie so when he returns to school he would be able to do the assignment.

We dug into our movie stash and pulled out the DVD. It started out that just Jay and I were watching. Amanda was at the kitchen table working on her homework and when she finished she joined us. Soon after that, Matt came down from his room and found himself engrossed in the movie as well. We had to send Matt to bed (he did not think this was necessary) so he missed the ending. Amanda hung in to the end and they headed off to bed as well. Jay and I discussed the movie after it was over and then we called it a night too. My hubby was working late and missed the whole thing.

I told Jay that if he ever need help with homework like this, I would be happy to help! If you have not seen this movie, I highly recommend it. Needless to say, all the plans that I had for the evening were set aside. It means I have an extra long list for today, but it was worth it!

2 comments:

  1. I've seen it and it is a good movie. That is definitely my kind of homework!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a loser mom!
    but i love you:)

    ReplyDelete