Monday, September 7, 2009

A Class With Karan At Two Scrapbook Friends.

A couple of weeks ago Two Scrapbook Friends hosted an all day class taught by Karan Gerber! She was there for the entire day and taught 2 double-page layouts packed with techniques. It was my Saturday to work so I thought I might try and get these layouts done for my albums.

The store was very busy and I fell behind, but I went over to my mom's that night and finished them off. I had perfect photos from our adventure to St. Jacob's so I did a page for each of my boys.

All Grown Up.....I dedicated this to Jason. He is going into grade 10 this year. He is growing up so fast. I cherish all the snip its of time we spend together.

For this layout we used the Heidi Swapp invisible paper that has the resist coating on it. Karan showed us how to blend our distress inks to create the background of our pages.

With all her layouts there is always lots of dimension.

She showed us how to highlight the designs on the paper and die-cuts with Glossy Accents. I love this product.

We also used Glimmer Mist to colour the chipboard hearts.

The second layout was dedicated to Matt. He is almost 13 years old now. He had a wonderful afternoon exploring and hanging out with Jay and myself.

Karan showed us how to transform regular cardboard into an interesting backdrop for our photos. We used Jesso and Glimmer Mist. I will never look at cardboard the same again.


More Glossy Accents and bling along with a sheer die-cut for my journaling.

This layout is full of dimension and texture. I just love how everything works together to create such an amazing look.

My favourite part of this layout was the sewn ruffle. I have sewn on my pages before, but this technique was fun to do.

If you ever get the opportunity to attend one of Karan's classes I highly recommend it. Her next one is coming up on Monday, September 21st.

3 comments:

  1. wow these turned out wonderful, i love that you dedicated each layout to one of your boys, i often see amanda on your pages, so its nice to see the boys...and im so glad you enjoyed the class :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such beautiful layouts and I love the photos of your boys! They are growing up so fast and they are both sooooo handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow they both turned out so great!! LOL when you said we did the hearts with glimmer mist... it made me think of all the blood at your back door...

    ReplyDelete