Saturday, February 7, 2009

Is It Too Soon???

Tonight I cleaned up all of Cadbury's things, washed them and put them away. Amanda just couldn't do it and it was bothering her having them there. She was out, so I thought it was a good time to take care of it.

While I was putting his things away I found myself wanting to snuggle him. He was very affectionate and he loved to be played with and held. He always enjoyed being out of his cage and when it was time to put him back you would have to chase him (not always easy) to put him in.

When I was finished I sat down and pulled up the website for the KW Humane Society to see what they had for bunnies. You won't believe what I found.


I couldn't believe my eyes. This little guy is only 2 1/2 months old and looks just like Cadbury. The only difference is that Cadbury was a Lopp and his ears flopped down rather than standing up. The website was last updated on February 3rd (which was 4 days ago) so I don't know if this little guy is still there.

My question is.....is it too soon? I really want to go and check it out. They are open tomorrow from 1-4pm. I would want to take Amanda with me. She misses Cadbury so much and I think that this would help.

I think we will go and visit tomorrow and see what happens from there. I just can't believe how much they look alike. The name on the website is Bunny. The funny thing is.....although Cadbury had a name, we rarely called him that. He was always known as Bunny!

Maybe it is meant to be?????

6 comments:

  1. you know friend...when i was in today, i dont think anyone can say its too soon, Cadbury brought you all so much joy and comfort...that if it is meant to be, it shall be..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say go for it, pets are wonderful and if it makes you happy..just do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't believe it is too soon. See how things go and if its meant to be it will be. I know a pet can bring people a lot of joy and this may just help:) And if this little guy makes you happy when you see him and it feels good then go for it:)
    When my Aunty and uncle lost there dog after 13 years it was only a few short months later that they got a puppy and the same breed.
    Hope this helps! GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It certainly seems meant to be! You just need to trust your instincts and go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not too soon! When we lost our first dog, we only lasted a week and went out and got two more! A pet is a wonderful thing especially for kids. You will never forget Cadbury but a new addition will lessen the sadness and ache you are all feeling. Good luck choosing. This little guy is soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you get the rabbit? It is such a cutie and I am sorry to hear about Cadbury.

    Lyn

    ReplyDelete