Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Walk To Work.....

On Tuesday, I had to walk to work. You see, Amanda's car was leaking some fluid so I gave her my car to drive to school. She needed to get to co-op after lunch and because I was at the store alone, I was unable to drive her. It just worked out better for her to have the car.

It was a beautiful day. The sun was shining and it was warming up. I was only minutes into my walk and I thought it would be fun to take some photos on my way.

This is the field at the school all three of my kids went to until they graduated grade 6. I haven't walked across it in a very long time. I used to be over there every day....sometimes 3 times a day.



In front of the school they have a garden that the students and some parent volunteers maintain. There were lots of spring flowers in full bloom.

A long walkway, between some houses, takes me out of my neighbourhood and into the next.

For a short bit I have to walk down Lexington Rd. It is a very busy street and there are no sidewalks. First I came across a rabbit that had been hit by a car (I didn't take a photo of that)....poor bunny and then I stumbled upon this beautiful tree in full bloom. I couldn't resist taking a photo of it.

After walking for a bit more, I have to go down another path that takes you to a green space with a little creek and a beautiful walking trail.

This little creek winds itself all through the green space and is home to lots of creatures.




As I rounded the corner I spotted mom and her babies floating along. How cute are they! I got as close as I could without making mom too mad to get these photos.

Nearing the end of the path there is a very big tree. In the summer there are hardly any leaves on it, but I think there are some of nature's finest living in it.....what do you think?

Here is one last shot of nature before we emerge back into the city. It is really amazing that this little bit of paradise is right in the middle of my neighbourhood.

It takes me about 15 minutes to walk from my driveway to the parking lot at the store. I don't know why I don't do this more often. Maybe it is time to set a goal for myself......I could do this once or twice a week. I will keep you posted and let you know how I am doing.

7 comments:

  1. Very nice! It almost makes me want to join you when you walk to work the next time... almost! (lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny how we have all that so close by but we're always in such a hurry that we drive everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. imagine seeing all that in the short time of your walk....makes you realise how much more is going on around you...what an awesome way to share your walk with us..

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1.66 KM you go girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it...that is great. Were you late for work!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pictures made me homesick! Thanks for posting them, it was so neat to see all the green you have!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous walk. May I make a suggestion?
    You should at least do the walk and take pics each season and then scrap it. Say a mini book for each season and then put the 4 seasons into 1 box.
    I loved the ducks the best!
    This reminds us never to let our busy lives get in the way of stopping and smelling the roses. But is is spring so that part of Waterloo we might be smelling something else in the air, but the point is the stopping.

    ReplyDelete