Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Long Weekend Tradition

Every year on the long weekend in May we head out to our favourite flower store to pick out some blooms for our gardens. I used to be the gardener in our family, but my hubby has taken that over. He loves being outside and he is happy to do any of the outdoor chores.

Here are some of the new additions to our garden.



We also turned on the heater to warm up the water in our pool. We are usually swimming before the long weekend, but the weather just didn't stay warm enough. It is still a bit chilly for me, but the kids are enjoying it.


Here is a photo of our youngest son, Matt. He is the conservative one. He is quite happy swimming around with his goggles on. He spends hours diving for sinker toys that drop to the bottom of the pool.



And then there is our crazy son, Jason! He is not happy unless he is doing flips off the diving board. I swear he takes years off my life and turns my hair gray.

Amanda was away at a cottage for the weekend, so we didn't get any photos of her. She also loves the pool and I am sure there will be lots of photos to come.

It felt so good to be outside on Monday. We didn't come in the house much at all. This is how we spend most of our weekends. Gotta love summer.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great weekend! I also spent three days planting flowers at my Mom's - it was wonderful. We didn't have a pool to dip into though :(

    ReplyDelete