Friday, December 6, 2013

Songs Of Christmas Blog Hop With Two Scrapbook Friends!!

Welcome to the Songs of Christmas Blog Hop with Two Scrapbook Friends! You should have arrived here from Ann's blog.



Our Blog Hop is all about the Songs of Christmas and the inspiration for my project comes from the song Walking in a Winter Wonderland.  Everytime I hear this song I picture walking in a park (let's say Waterloo Park) with the snow falling gently.  The snow always shows up best when you look up at a light post.....and that is what inspired my project!!!

I found this great SVG file at SVG Attic that was exactly the type of lamp post I was thinking of.  The file was designed so that the finished project would be aproximately 6-inches tall so I modified it and my finished post is about 18-inches tall.



In the spirit of Christmas, I added a silver bell to my paper bow and attached it with some bakers twine.



One of my favourite parts of this project is the hanging sign off the post.  I cut letters out using my Silhouette and added some holly for a splash of colour!


The top panels of the roof are embossed with a snowflake embossing folder.  Then I added some texture paste to the sides and added some glitter for some sparkle.  It really gives the feeling that the snow is dripping down from the top.  I added a battery operated tea light (that actually flickers) which really brings my lamp post to life.



I really, really enjoyed putting this project together.  I always amazes me what you can do with paper.  I hope I have inspired you to create something festive for your Christmas home decor.

So remember, in order to be entered to win the special prize all you have to do is hop from Blog to Blog and leave a comment on each as you go. Then simply check back at the Two Scrapbook Friends blog on December 10th to see if you are the lucky winner!

Here are the featured blogs in our Blog Hop:

Ann 

This is your final stop on the Songs of Christmas hop.  I really hope you enjoyed your visits to all the blogs and that we have inspired you!!

Merry Christmas!!

40 comments:

  1. Oh so pretty..... Love it. Great project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S.: BTW I did not arrive from Ann's blog as the link was not working for me. I was just getting a "blank" page.... so went back to TSF and it worked right away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super sweet project. I knew you'd do something remarkable with a diecut. This is amazing how you resized it to be a foot and a half tall. Wow. That's all I can say. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was one of the customers you showed this to in the store today. You did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW - WOW Carolyn!
    After seeing this IRL in person for real..... WOW this is absolutely awesome! I want one! So it took you about 3 hours? hum..... that would be 6 no 12 hours for me, maybe, if I'm lucky. Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ummmm....what to say....how 'bout - OMG WOW! This is a-holy-cow-mazing. But now I hate you. 'Cause I'm going to have to buy this file (and shell out the whole 99¢) and I know I'm going to have just about as much luck with it as I did with that svg snowman you sicced on me. So, thanks so much for ruining my weekend. :-Þ

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am totally speechless........love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great project! All with paper? Huh, who'd a thunk! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. JUst when I think I've seen it all, you blow my mind and light it up (lol) with another stunning project. You really do take pride in an exceptional job. I adore this project!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have totally outdone yourself my friend! This is the coolest project ever!! I so admire your patience with these 3D projects - very impressive :)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was in awe when I saw this today irl!!!! Stunning! Beautiful! Gorgeous! Can't tell you how much I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay - I had to reread the bit that said this was all created in paper. Wow - amazing! I adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally fabulous and I love that you added a real tea light in there.....awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW, this is absolutely amazing. What a creative and fun project. You are definitely inspiring me to consider adding a silhouette to my Christmas wish list. I love all the fabulous touches. You are so amazingly talented.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful project and 18" wow

    We all knew you come up with something fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful project. Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  17. AWESOME light stand you have now! Love that you added the tealight candle to make it look even REAL! Oh my the sign sure is so cute even the chains, they look so real!
    Wonderful project you have created!
    Merry Christmas CAROLYN!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hard to believe it's made from paper! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow!! That is a very impressive project. You are really gifted.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It is AH-mazing IRL. I, like Jan, am going to have yo make one now!

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow...hard to believe it is made from paper!...awesome mf.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thoroughly enjoyed my first 'blog hop'and am so inspired and impressed with such amazing, creative talent along the trip. Carolyn, well, all I can say about yours is WOW! It's really cool...love that silhouette! I'll be back Dec. 10th :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's my daughter. She learned it all from me... Good job Carolyn.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well Carolyn, your light shines on everything you do and this is no exception!
    Merry Christmas!
    Brenda in Kit

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love it, that is awesome! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love it Carolyn! I love these lamp posts as well…such a unique idea to make one from paper!

    ReplyDelete
  27. im loving the battery candles this year they add great touch and safe to so many things

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a great idea very creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Just amazing what you can do with paper! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a wonderful project. Had fun checking out all the blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  31. wow hard to believe it's paper! What a beautiful Decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow! Wow! Wow! What a great project! A nice touch of Christmas for your home!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a festive lamppost. You added the perfect elements to it.

    ReplyDelete
  34. You're amazing! Love your lamp post, coolest thing ever! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh my goodness! This project is AWESOME!!!! I love that you modified it to make it so big. Looks wonderful infront of the fireplace. Makes we want to go for a walk on a wintery night! Thanks for sharing. Loved the blog hop!!!!!

    ReplyDelete