Thursday, August 15, 2013

It Takes Rain & Sunshine - July Sketch Challenge

I am really on a roll with my blogging and my creating. I hope I can keep this up.

I am super excited to share this layout with you for a few reasons. I played along with Two Scrapbook Friends July Sketch Challenge, which I never seem to find the time to do. Christa made up a great sketch and it really inspired me to get involved.

I also used some photos that I printed from Instagram. I did a little editing using a few phone apps that I have and I love how they turned out.

Here is the sketch that Christa posted.....


And here is the layout that I created!!!


I made my own title on my Silhouette.  This was a bit fiddly to glue all the little letters down, but worth it in the end.


I used my paint and did a little splattering with a paintbrush.  This really brightened up my background and pulled in all the colours from the papers.


I added some Dew Drops and rub-ons, as well as a date stamp to record the date of this gorgeous rainbow.


I found this great quote which I used for the journaling on my layout.  It fit perfectly with my page and said everything I would say.  I added a little stamp to the bottom too.


One of my favourite parts is this photo.  I added the arrow and text using an app I have on my phone.  I do this a lot and plan to used more photos like this when I scrapbook.


I had a great time playing along with Christa's challenge.  I am definitely going to make an effort to join in with the August challenge too.

2 comments:

  1. I love your title and pictures!! A fabulous take on the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great take on the sketch challenge! Love the painted splatter, quote, and neat title!

    ReplyDelete