This past weekend I had my family over for Easter. It was nice to visit with everyone, but it was a little different than our normal Easter because my Dad was missing :(. I have been missing him so much lately, especially with all the Ranger games during playoffs. I would love to share all the excitement with him. I know he is watching from above and he would be so proud of his team (and me for travelling to the games in Guelph), but it is just not the same.
For my Easter dinner I tried a few new things. I made 2 new salads that were totally amazing (I will get to that in a minute) and I learned a new way to cook bacon that I just have to share.
On Pinterest I saw how to cook bacon in one batch without the splatters and burns - this would make my life so much easier. I had to give it a try!
It was a complete success! I was worried it would make a mess of my oven, but it didn't. It was completely mess free! I will never go back to my old way again. You can check out the post here! There are over 100 comments and they all say exactly what I did. It's amazing.
Now, on to the salads!!! I recently received a few new recipes from a good friend, Lori! She is an amazing cook and an even more amazing person. They were both delicious so I thought I would share her recipes here (I know she would totally approve).
- Romaine lettuce (I also mixed in some baby spinach)
- Mandarin oranges (I used canned, drained)
- Thinly sliced fresh strawberries
- Thinly sliced white onion (I used green onion)
- 1/2 cup mayo (I used Miracle Whip)\
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 lg bunch of broccoli
- 1 cup raisins (I replace this with dried cranberries)
- 1/4 cup diced green onion
- 10 strips bacon - fried and crumbled (I used my new method above)
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup mayo (I used Miracle Whip)
- 1 tbsp vinegar
Hope you enjoyed this post......I really must get back into doing this more often. Stop by again soon.