Sunday, September 2, 2012

Catch of the Day!

A few years ago, my hubby decided to take up fishing as a hobby. He loves being on or by the water as much as he can. He doesn't always take out our boat......sometimes he fishes from shore.

He discovered a really cool place in Winterbourne, which is not very far from us. On a warm summer evening it is one of my favourite places to visit. He fishes and I read.........it is amazing.

Here is a layout that I created, trying to capture the beauty of this spot.

IMG_8183

I created this fishing pole using an SVG file from SVG Cuts.

IMG_8185

The same set included a file for this bobber too. I stitched the fishing line and strung it through the pole to make it look like the fish from the paper were being caught.

IMG_8184

This is going to be an upcoming 'featured kit' at the store! Be sure to keep your eyes open on the blog for all the details.....coming soon.


Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. What a great layout! Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No fishy tales here...this page is a BIG hit in my books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute layout! By the way... I just spent the majority of the day updating my blog and just brought yours up to comment and found out we have the same blog header! LOL! Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this...I have to give SVG cuts a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous layout Carolyn...I love the fishing rod and the stitched fishing line.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely and very NEAT layout! Your stitching is always PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. An awesome layout....love the colors, fishing rod, and wonderful stitching! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete