Monday, July 23, 2012

Back From CHA Chicago!

I have just retuned from my annual visit to Chicago to attend CHA (Craft & Hobby Association) Summer. I love going to these trade shows. They inspire and re-energize me. There are so many different things to see and so many people to reconnect with.

I don't usually take the time to do make 'n takes, but there were a few that really caught my eye at this show. One of them was this cute tape dispenser at the Scotch booth. You could choose from either a black, white or pink shoe and then there was a table full of embellishments to decorate it.

IMG_7240

This is so not me, but it was too cute to resist. I use tape when I scrapbook, mainly to stick down the ends of my floss when I stitch.

IMG_7243

I was a bit overwhelmed when I saw all the embellishments and didn't even know where to start. I decided to keep it simple and put the clear gems all along the sides and embellished with a white flower.

IMG_7242

I added a few gems to the flower too, just for fun. I will keep this on my scrapbook desk as a reminder of how much fun you can have at CHA! Can't wait until the winter show in Anaheim.

6 comments:

  1. Super cute Carolyn! I thought at first I was at Joanne's blog ! Hardee har har! But seriously you did remarkable girlie and pretty job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woooo pretty in pink! Really cute! It's nice to do something totally different sometimes! Keep them guessing.... what will she do next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty...a fabulous update to the normal tape holder!! Love you layouts, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so much fun to take a break from the show and sit down to create something pretty!

    Your shoe is fabulous darling! (said with a Zsa Zsa Gabor accent!)

    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete