Thursday, December 30, 2010

It's Been A Long Time.......

since I have done a post on my blog. It is not that I haven't had things to post, it has just been very busy around our house. With 4 teenagers, things are never dull. I used to post on my blog first thing in the morning or late in the evening. There are too many things to be done in the morning before I head to work, and I escape to my room with a good book instead of my computer these days. It is a good thing for me, but bad for my blog readers.

Just before Christmas we added another 'little one' to our family. She is the perfect addition to our family of adults, kids and cats. Everyone just loves her to bits.

On Tuesday I was supposed to have what I would consider the perfect day! A full day of scrapbooking with friends and 2 hockey games. It did not go as planned.

I arrive at the store and got myself organized. I wasn't there long and I had to slip out for the first hockey game. I had my hot chocolate in hand and was really enjoying the game when I received the phone call from Shannon and Amanda about our little kitty. Somehow she found a bungee cord in our basement and thought it would make a good toy. She ended up getting the hook stuck in her mouth and did a lot of damage while trying to get it out.

I left the game and raced home to find her covered in blood and almost passing out. We made an emergency call to our vet and raced her there. She had to be sedated so they could assess the damage. The vet was concerned that she may have a tear in her esophagus (that would be very bad news). After further investigation we were given the news that she had a lot of cuts and tears in her mouth (that explains all the blood) and that there was a lot of swelling in the upper part of her gums and jaw area. This would get worse before it would get better, but she would be okay.

She was given a shot of antibiotics that would be good for 2 weeks, a shot for pain and swelling, and I was given a bill for $180. When we brought her home she was very sleepy and didn't even want to be held. Later in the day she started moving around and eating soft cat food (her favourite). Her eye was quite swollen and when she turned certain ways you could see blood too.

Needless to say, I didn't make it back to scrapbooking. The next hockey game wasn't until 9:30pm, so I did manage to make it to that one. I also watched the World Junior's game on TV with my hubby and Jay. The day ended up okay in the end, just not exactly what I had planned.

Sketch Support is going to be launching their new site on January 1st. I have been busy with my design team sketches and will be posting them through the upcoming month. I also completed my calendars and will share the finished pages as soon as I take the photos. I was sort of hoping for a nice sunny day.

Enjoy that last few days of the year.....I am off to the semi-final game in Jay's hockey tournament. Wish us luck!



  1. Glad to hear that the kitty is going to be ok :)

  2. Poor Kitty!I'm glad she is going to be OK.

  3. Glad you are back to blogging. I started reading your blog, which I enjoy, after you became a guest designer for Allison Davis. Happy New Year.

  4. She's a cutie! And so glad to hear she's going to be fine! Oh, and we've missed you, but totally understand how life gets in the way - glad you're back!

  5. OMG ... what a horrific thing to happen to new kitty. I'm so glad that she's going to be OK. Happy New Year to you and your family.


  6. poor baby, hope he heels quickly. happy new year!

  7. Glad she is ok!
    So does she have a name yet because I'm thinking 'Bungee' might be a contender!

  8. I hope that kitty is doing much better by now... I am a little behind in the blog department along with everything else in my live these days!