I am typing this post from Erie, Pennsylvania! I left this morning at 5:45am on a bus with my sister to do a little shopping. It is now 8:35pm and I am on the computer in the lobby of the hotel.
I just had to get on here and do a post about my very first guest designer spot. I was this month's guest designer for Allison Davis' Sketch Week!
Here is the sketch.......
Here is my layout........
• To create the patterned paper background sheet, I hand cut the border from the paper.
• I used my sewing machine to add blue stitching to the pattern paper. It helps to define the space and pop it off the white background
• I arranged the photos very similar to the sketch. I added 2 smaller prints to the 4x6 spot on page 2. I also sanded the edges of each photo to help them stand out on the dark blue background. I always mat my photos.
• For the title, I used a variety of products......chipboard, stickers, pattern papers, etc. This creates a focal point on the page that helps to describe how Jason was feeling when we were on this trip. The arrow points to the photo of the artist doing his work. Jason was so fascinated by this.
• For the other embellishment areas, I added some buttons, die-cuts, stickers etc to tie in the theme of the page. I used foam adhesive on the stickers in the lower right corner of page 2 to create some dimension on my page and help balance out the title.
• I wanted my journaling to be present, but not stand out. I chose to used white for the journaling strips, but I added the square brads to help pull some of the yellow from the photos on page 1 over to page 2.
• I applied Vintage Photo Distress Ink to all of my pattern papers, cardstock (not the dark blue), stickers, die-cuts etc. I love how it softens the entire layout and pulls everything together.
I had so much fun playing along.
Congratulations on being a guest designer on Allison Davis' blog. I love her sketches and layouts and try to use them as often as possible!! Love your neat layout with her sketch, very creative!!ReplyDelete
Well done Carolyn! Congrats on the Guest Designer spot - you deserve it!ReplyDelete
Holy smokes girl, you rocked this sketch girl!ReplyDelete
well worth the wait! congratulations, again!ReplyDelete
Such an amazing layout! I totally love your interpretation of the sketch! I hope you enjoy your shopping trip!ReplyDelete
Congrats Carolyn. Love the layout. You deserve this spot!ReplyDelete
Saw this on Ali's blog...Fantastic LO!! TFS!ReplyDelete
Fantastic layout! Way to go girl!!ReplyDelete