Monday, April 26, 2010

April Product Challenge

It has been a while since I have had any time to scrapbook. I really wanted to get the April product challenge done for Two Scrapbook Friends. I loved the colours and those owls were way too cute.

I dug through my photos and found one that would work well with the colours in the paper. It is a photo of my youngest son Matt, from 2006. Then I decided to work with Joanne's sketch from I Love Sketches. Here is the sketch.........

and here is my version........ (the scan is a little shadowy, but you get the idea)

I used a little bit of everything from the product challenge kit and I added the following:
  • some brown double-dot cardstock from Bo Bunny. I used a Fiskars border punch to make the scalloped edge.
  • pins from Maya Road
  • tickets from Tim Holtz
  • orange button from Jenni Bowlin
  • Tiny Type alpha stickers from Cosmo Cricket
  • Loopy Lou alpha stickers from Doodlebug
Thanks for looking! :)


Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Such a cute layout! Love those tickets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an awesome job with the sketch! Matthew is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute take on the sketch. It's so nice to see you scrapbooking again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the sketch and your take on it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Carolyn, great soft colors!

    ReplyDelete