I have another recipe to add. It is called Hamburger Soup. My mom passed this one along to me. She mentioned that she was going to be making it on Sunday, so I thought I would give it a try too. It was delicious.
- 1 1/2 lbs of lean ground beef
- 1 onion, diced (I only used 1/2 an onion)
- 28 oz tomatoes (I used 2 19 oz cans of stewed tomatoes and I pureed them)
- 2 cups of water
- 3 cans of beef consomme, undiluted
- 1 can of tomato soup, undiluted
- 4 carrots
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- parsley (I used dehydrated parsley flakes)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup of barley (I forgot to buy this, so I didn't add it)
*this recipe would work well in a crockpot too. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.